Company: Potter Electric Signal
Location: Maryland Heights
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Assistant Global Controller:
- This role is a key member of the corporate accounting team. The
team has responsibility for all accounting activities, including
internal and external reporting, audit, compliance with policies
and procedures, and process improvement.
- Manages processes and procedures during month-end and annual
close, in order to provide accurate and credible financial
reporting compliant with US GAAP.
- Interact with foreign entities on their financial reporting
processes and any adjustments needed under US GAAP.
- Oversees Record to Report process and maintains accountability
for the general ledger functions.
- Drives operational accounting and accounting policies in
accordance with US GAAP and tracking inter-company transactions for
the Potter Entities to ensure proper elimination. Key
- Accountable for accurate and credible end-to-end accounting
operations for Potter Global Consolidated. Supervises accounting,
general ledger and subsidiary ledger close activities for assigned
- Drives the month-end process; including identifying areas for
improvement or streamlining of those processes; working with the
Divisional Controllers to implement improvements as they are
- Oversees transaction processes, audit outcomes, and the
effective maintenance of internal controls for the assigned
- Performs accounting reviews and identifies company financial
and operational risks for assigned operating companies.
- Assists in the coordination of month-end close across the
various global divisions of the company.
- Leads account reconciliations, variance analysis and accruals
to provide financial data for the assigned operating companies;
report key findings to the Vice President, Finance.
- Works with leadership across finance to ensure alignment with
US GAAP for non-US entities and on finance operational processes
and provides necessary subject matter expertise.
- Prepares consolidated balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow
and other accounting reports for internal financial reporting;
assists in the preparation of the balance sheet, profit and loss,
cash flow and other accounting reports for banks and company
ownership and reports results to Vice President, Finance.
- Assist the Vice President, Finance with Global tax strategies
and gathering of information for US tax reporting and other
assigned operating entities.
- Supports implementation of appropriate policies, internal
controls, accounting standards and procedures to drive
- Other special projects as assigned by the Vice President,
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Business
- CPA required
- Proficiency in computer software applications, including
Microsoft Office. EPICOR experience a plus.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience
- US GAAP experience
- Month-end processes
- Accuracy and accessibility of financial records
- Process and financial control implementation and
- Project management and process simplification
- Effective business partnerships
- Financial systems
- Proven track record of principles, practices, regulations and
- Ambitious and Driven individual with positive leadership traits
and behaviors, capable of being promoted into more senior positions
in the future.
Keywords: Potter Electric Signal, Springfield , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Maryland Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...