Posted on: March 20, 2023
Career Advancement Opportunities / Hybrid / Work Life Balance /
Established & InnovativeThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Daniel
GonzalezAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 per
yearA bit about us:In our repair shops and our offices, you'll be
surrounded by the strongest team in industrial transport. A team
that's united by a commitment to keep our customers ahead of
ever-changing market. Discover a chance to learn, grow and advance
your career around every turn.If you're in public accounting and
looking to get into a private industry please apply!Why join
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insuranceJob DetailsJob Summary & Essential
Functions:Assist in planning, coordination and execution of all
accounting functions associated with the company's facilities. Key
- Month End Close Process: Prepare schedules, journal entries,
and account reconciliations for repair segment revenue (including
ASC 606 recognition), fixed assets, accrued liabilities, prepaid
and long-term asset amortization.
- Inventory Control: Oversight and reporting responsibilities for
plant inventory counts, processing inventory adjustments,
analyzing/forecasting inventory reserve trends, and collaborating
with Plant Controllers for process improvements.
- Accounts Payable: Assist in the accounts payables process by
coding invoices and plant requisitions to general ledger
- Capital Fixed Assets: Execute fixed asset additions, disposals,
transfers and monthly depreciation postings. Track and report
annual capital spending vs. budget to Plant Controllers and
- Cost Accounting: Coordinate workflows for new inventory part
number creation and assign costs, as well as quarterly inventory
cost roll responsibility.
- Reporting and Analysis: Prepare and report to the Assistant
Controller Operations and executive management monthly profit/loss
flash results, sales by customer, customer profitability, and other
key performance indicators.
- Budgeting: Assist Plant Controllers in the annual capital and
operating budget process to capital spending plans, develop
employee headcounts, revenues, overhead spend projections.
- Forecasting: Coordinate with finance/accounting team to develop
monthly forecasts for repair ledgers.
- Special Assignments: Role will occasionally be required to
perform special assignments that can include, but will not be
limited to annual hourly wage scale increases, summarizing
quarterly tax packages, providing supporting documentation for
financial audits, and ad-hoc reports as needed by the Assistant
Controller Operations and executive management.Required Skills &
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting
principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with people at
all levels and functions inside and outside AITX
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Leadership skills - people management, meeting facilitation,
presentation, and customer support
- People skills - customer oriented, positive attitude, and team
- Exceptional organization skills are required with emphasis on
attention to details
- Intermediate level of computer skills in e-mail, Excel,
- Familiarity with standard ERP systems (SAP is a plus).
- Ability to multitask efficiently and adapt within a rapidly
- Entrepreneurial mindset to proactively seek and collaborate on
process improvementRequired Experience / Education / Training /
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years accounting experience in operations accounting or
public accounting.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Springfield , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hazelwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...