Senior Compensation Analyst
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Performs the more advanced analyses and consultation in support of
Memorial Health's compensation program and associated practices.
Guides leadership in the development of job descriptions according
to best practices. Analyzes jobs and conducts market pricing / job
evaluation to ensure market competitiveness. Consults with others
and recommends salary adjustments (as necessary) to ensure that
employees are paid competitively and equitably. Participates in
various compensation surveys conducted by external vendors.
Administers the performance appraisal, merit pay and incentive
- Education equivalent to a bachelor's degree in human resources,
business or finance, or related discipline isrequired (or the
equivalent in related work
- Has attained (or will be actively pursuing) the Certified
Compensation Professional (CCP) designation or comparable
compensation designation is required.
- Professional human resources certification(s), i.e., PHR, SPHR,
SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP is preferred.
- Master's degree in business administration, human resources, or
finance or comparable is preferred.Experience:
- Four or more years' professional-level work experience in human
resources, finance or related field is required.
- Four or more years' experience as a Compensation Analyst is
strongly preferred, ideally in a major health care system.Other
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of market pricing, job
evaluation methodologies and base/incentive compensation
- Thorough working knowledge of compensation theories, practices
& applicable federal/state labor laws.
- An intermediate-to-advanced level proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Power Point, Excel, HR Information Systems, and compensation
database systems (ideally Market Pay).
- Excellent accuracy & attention to detail when working with
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the organization
while flexing to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work with leadership on confidential and
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the ability to
be persuasive and deal with potential conflict.
- Ability to serve as a technical expert and trainer on
- Must be able to maintain confidential information safe and
secure at all times.
- May be required to work beyond regular business hours to meet
- Experience with incentive compensation programs within a health
- Sound working knowledge of HR Lawson, crystal report writing
and MS add-ins.Responsibilities
- Evaluates jobs, reviews qualifications and licensure
requirements for compliance with legal guidelines, and recommends
range placement based on market data and internal equity. Assigns
FLSA exemption status and corresponding incentive eligibility based
on approved criteria. Communicates approved pay grades to leaders.
Conducts audits and analyzes positions system-wide to maintain pay
- Provides advanced level consultation to leaders and other
applicable organizational units regarding compensation policies and
procedures, guidelines, salary ranges, and other related issues.
Provides guidance and expertise regarding the use of bonus
codes/pay practices. Collaborates with others to develop and
implement workable, cost-effective options & solutions that meet
- Leads and coordinates the annual market review process.
Analyzes the competitiveness of Memorial Health's salary structures
and salaries. Researches and evaluates market conditions and
recommends adjustments to structures, employees' rates, pay
practices and incentive plans.
- Guides leaders on the development of job descriptions and
design of job families according to best practices. Audits and
monitors job descriptions to ensure they are up-to-date in
accordance with company policy and/or regulatory requirements. May
serve as an author/editor of job descriptions to ensure conformity
- Reviews (and may modify) Personnel Change Request Forms (PCRs)
and performance appraisal information for accuracy and completeness
and resolves problems related to same directly with leadership, HR
- Employs the compensation database for analyses and market
pricing of jobs. Maintains the database as up-to-date and accurate,
executing archival procedures as necessary for preservation of
- Serves as a project manager for the integration,
standardization, and administration of Memorial Health's affiliate
compensation programs and practices across the health care system.
Leads (or participates) in other cross-functional projects, where
broad compensation insight and compensation expertise is
- Serves as a role model and subject matter expert for MHS'
compensation function. Provides technical guidance, consultation
and training to lesser-experienced compensation analysts and other
- Advises leadership on merit increase administration as part of
the performance appraisal tools. As needed, revises performance
appraisal templates and advises on their administration.
- Partners with other HR members to accomplish deliverables as
appropriate. Serves on (or may lead) committees, task forces, and
teams as deemed valuable by the organization.
- Leads the administration of the Success Sharing Plan (SSP) and
Leader (LEDR) incentive plans and serves as a subject matter expert
on such plans, advising leaders on all elements and
- Studies market influences and recommends Memorial Health's
annual merit increase budget. Designs options for the annual merit
increase matrix and conducts analyses to determine organizational
impact and cost.
- Creates deliverables relative to the organization's
compensation program, applicable policies and pay practices.
Assists in the development of compensation communication strategies
- Works directly with senior executive leadership in the
administration of the annual executive compensation incentives,
merit increases, and performance appraisal processes.
- Leads the identification and documentation of work processes
with the goal of creating operational efficiencies and/or cost
- Participates in a variety of salary surveys; analyzes data to
determine industry trends and potential impact to the
organization's salary structures, merit increase budget and
employees' pay levels. Recommends best practices for using survey
scopes, weighting, premiums/discounts and other data elements.
- Conducts periodic analyses/audits to ensure compliance with
policy, regulations and Joint Commission standards specific to
- Communicates and guides the work of external consultants
regarding compensation deliverables.
- Contributes to the creation and delivery of compensation
training, intranet content, communications and other similar
material. Delivers training or other presentations as required or
- Conveys and promotes the organization's HR philosophies and
best practices, particularly those related to compensation and
- Provides input into the creation and feasibility of department
goals (or sub-goals) and executes his/her assigned goals under the
guidance of leadership.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health, Springfield , Senior Compensation Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Springfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!